THIS EASY NO-BAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE AND PISTACHIO PIE has a pecan and dark-chocolate crust. Before serving be sure to leave three hours to freeze the pie and another 30 minutes to defrost it in the refrigerator. A tip: start by soaking the pistachios in water for the filling so they’ll be ready to use after making the crust.
- 1 cup pecans, whole or pieces
- Four pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups pistachio pieces
- 1/2 cup water from soaking pistachios
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup white cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Roast pecans in 400-degree oven for eight minutes. Cool completely.
- Finely grind pecans in food processor.
- Add Medjool dates, maple syrup, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Process until blended.
- Press mixture into bottom of spring-form pan.
- In a bowl cover pistachio pieces with water and soak for 20 minutes. Drain pistachios, (*reserving one-half cup of liquid.)
- In food processor whip soaked pistachios until creamy.
- Add one-half cup pistachio water, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add white cocoa powder and melted coconut oil.
- Blend until smooth and pour on crust.
- Freeze three hours.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- When chilled remove from pan and cover pie with white chocolate chips, or mix of white and milk chocolate chips. Serve berries on the side.
- Refrigerate leftover pie.